Thursday, February 28, 2008

What a Girl Wants

Yesterday, I talking to *Joe*, one of the other English tutors, while I was getting ready to leave.
He was talking to *Ebony* when he turned to me and asked if I was married.
I was a little suprised. I told him I was only 19 and then realized that that didn't mean much because there are 19 year old who are married.
He said that sometimes he sets people up and if he knows a guy he thinks I might be interested in, he would introduce him to me.
Um....okay.
I've never been good with meeting people.
And I am horrible in relationships.
But it got me thinking, what do I really want in a relationship? Or more specifially, what do I want in the guy with whom I end up in a relationship?
Let's see:
  • I think most importantly, I want a best friend. Things can go from there.
  • I need someone who understands me and can put up with me during the times when even I hate myself. He has to understand my anxieties and fears over the stupidest things.
  • I want someone who will give me space when I need it and hold me when I don't.
  • I want someone who would rather rent movies and eat Greek food than go out drinking.

There are quite a few other things but I simply can not think of them right now.

No comments: