Friday, October 17, 2008

Giving Thanks

  • I am thankful I have a job that allows me to help people who truly need it even though at times it can be frustrating.
  • I am thankful for the chilly weather so that I have an excuse to wear my cute sweater.
  • I am thankful for having time this morning to put on makeup so that I wouldn't look like I went ten rounds with a kangaroo because of the bags under my eyes.

My psychology teacher just got back from a conference on gratitude and the power of positive thinking on the psyche. She said that it would be a good idea for us to write down three things everyday that we are thankful for.

I know that it would be a little unrealistic for me to write three things in this blog every day but I am going to aim for at least three times a week.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

I actually think that this is a pretty good idea. Sometimes we lose sight of the forest for all the trees. It's the little things that count right? Just for the record I am currently thankful for these things:

1. Cherry Flavored Peel & Pull Twizzlers.
2.My Sister giving me back my Webster's dictionary. It weighs twenty pounds, and I want to cut a giant hole in the pages to hide shit in.
3. Britney Spears, because honestly shouldn't everyone praise and worship her every day of their lives? I think so.