Sunday, June 14, 2009

And breath....

I was accepted into the nursing program.
Okay, now that I have calmed down, I can actually write.
Wow.
It is not actually "official" yet. The wording on the letter says, "You have been tentatively accepted into the Associates of Science in Nursing Degree Program at [Firefly's college], pending approval by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing."
Basically, that means, over the course of the next week and a half, I have to:
  • Sign and hand deliver the confirmation letter
  • Pay the LSBN $20 to even consider letting me near a human as a student nurse
  • Submit a disclosure form saying I am not a sociopath or a criminal
  • Get fingerprinted by the police and submit that the nursing coordinators (the same lady who said I would have "plenty" of time to finish all this)
  • Pay the Louisiana Department of Public Safety $42.25 to preform a background check.

Did I also mention that the 6 week courses start on Monday, and that I will be in classes four days a week, all day?

Well, at least uniforms don't have to be bought until July 17 and the CPR certification, drug screening, physical and professional liability insurance can wait until July 31.

Again, what have I gotten myself into?

No comments: