Friday, October 23, 2009

Current Playlist

"So, *Firefly,* because you are so interesting and beautiful and talented, what music are you currently listening to?"

Why, thank you for asking, voice in my head. You have gotten much politer since the lobotomy.
Here it is:

O Shot - The Gay Blades
Fave lyrics: O Shot, You never got caught
And even if you did you're causing no harm.
Why do you love it:They are called The Gay Blades. How could you not like a band like that? Plus, their album cover is of a pirate ship being attacked by a ghost. Yes. That is correct. Ghost pirates.

1901 - Phoenix
Fave lyrics: Lie down you know it's easy
Like we did it over summer long

Why do you love it: This song got me through more microbiology study sessions than I care to remember over the summer.

I've Got Your Number - Passion Pit
Fave lyrics: And if all else fails then the ship won’t set sail.
God forbid but I guess the both of us will bail.
But as far as I can tell I think things will be swell.
Why do you love it: I swear that it sounds like the red lips from the Rocky Horror Picture Show are singing this song. And that is just great.

In For The Kill - La Roux
Fave lyrics: I hang my hopes out on the line
Will they be ready for you in time
If you leave them out too long
They'll be withered by this song
Why do you love it: British electrica music song by an androgynous redheaded chick. What's not to love? Plus, it sounds like music you could get busy to, which is always lovely.

I Bet You Look Good On The Dance Floor - Arctic Monkeys
Fave lyrics: Well I bet that you look good on the dance floor
Dancing to electro-pop like a robot from 1984
from 1984!
Why do you love it: This song randomly cycled into the shuffle on my Ipod and I cannot even explain why I like it so much. I think I am just in the mood for something a little bit more fun than my usual tunes.

Sandstorm - Darude
Fave lyrics: No lyrics...just techno beats.
Why do you love it: It one of those "treadmill songs" that just follows when you are not exercising and you find yourself dancing to it throughout the day. Listen to it loud enough and it will give you an irregular heartbeat (aka an arrhythmia). If you had to choose a way to die, a techno-induced heart attack would be high on the list.

Unbreakable - Fireflight
Fave lyrics: God, I want to dream again. Take where I've never been.
I want to go there. This time I'm not scared
Now I'm unbreakable, it's unmistakable
Why do you love it: It's like the girly version of "Eye of the Tiger". It is also a pretty good way to pump yourself up for those shitty 8am labs.

No comments: