Tuesday, October 06, 2009

How did we get here?


Biology is my first love.
It is so odd to me that I somehow ended up choosing nursing as a major rather than biology. Growing up, when other little girls wanted to be ballerinas or teachers, I wanted to study frogs in Costa Rica. Even in my Anatomy and Physiology classes, when other people just wanted to pass, I always wanted to know the why and the how behind everything. My only regret about it is that we didn't have more time to spend studying those things. We talked about all the different cells or tissues as if they were some kind of alien things instead of part of us.
I'm not really sure what is making me nostalgic right now. I think it might be that my first round of clinicals are coming up in two weeks and I will be dealing with real live patients.
It is starting to freak me out a bit and I am beginning continuing to wonder if I made the right choice.

No comments: