Monday, October 19, 2009

Sexy. Right?

I am not sure if it is something in the water or if nursing school is just a HUGE turn-on, but it seems as if half my classmates are getting married or having babies.
It is so odd. There has been no less than 10 weddings since the start of the semester and at least 3 of my classmates are with child. One of my male classmates just found out that his girlfriend is expecting (his, I presume).
I told this classmate that, when we start doing clinical at the hospital, I plan on standing near the X-ray machine for about an hour a shift in the hopes that my eggs will fry before they have a chance to be fertilized. He said that he wished he had thought of that.

Oh, and how is nursing school not a turn on? I mean, those sexy ill-fitting scrubs. The white orthopedic shoes. That's hot [sorry for channeling Paris Hilton].
Yep. Gone are the days of the nursing uniform that inspired the Hot Topic Halloween costumes.

7 comments:

Jordan said...

I hope that the journalism major is as successful for me. It's probably the only way I'll actually ever get married.

Firefly said...

How could you not get married? You're funny. You wear glasses. That's two out of two right there!
;) <~~Winking smiley face

Jordan said...

See, I have a rare affliction known as "DOESN'T KNOW WHEN NOT TO SAY RIDICULOUS THINGS" it keeps most people at bay.

Firefly said...

I know exactly what you mean. I have been known to slip a bit of random craziness into a conversation without meaning to.
In two years; when I am done with school, I will marry you Jordan. :)

Jordan said...

This is sadly not the first proposal for marriage I've had to deal with in the past twenty four hours. Though to be fair, the other proposal was actually for my cousin (who is exactly one month and three days younger than me) it only involved me when I had an emotional blowout and decided that yes, I am deffinitely going to die alone. Sometimes, I tend to veer towards the melodramatic. I contain multitudes I guess. Also, I believe I've said this to you before firefly...but try to keep it in your pants. I know I'm quite frankly hilarious and have perfect anchorman hair but try to keep the internet clean from your lusting for me, won't you?

Also very serious question, what should I be for halloween? Rudy Huxtable the black and sarcastic, sweater clad daughter from the Cosby Show? Or the orange horse Pokey from Gumby? Or should I go as Elvis for the third year in a row?

Firefly said...

I do my best to keep it in check, but you make it so difficult. You and your Ron Burgundy hair. :)
Also, about Halloween, I would go with Pokey from Gumby. But then again, I decided if I had the time, I was going to be the house from the movie "Up!" this year. So my judgement has been a little off lately.

Jordan said...

You have got to find a way to make this happen. You just need a cardboard box to go around you painted like a house and a ton of baloons. Instacostume.