Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful


1. My family. I don't say it nearly enough but I am most thankful for them. Even when we argue, even when we don't agree, even when I am willing to walk cross country with glass in my shoes to get away from them. They have been a true support system in the past few years when I have needed them most and I will forever be grateful.

2. I am thankful for modern medicine, most specifically, antidepressents. I know I'll probably catch hell for this but two weeks ago I started taking one. It is truly a miracle. I am thinking clearer than I have before and for the first time in a very long time I can say that there isn't a dark cloud hanging over me.

3. I am thankful for nursing school. Not matter how much I dreaded the 0630 call time for clinicals or getting up at 0500 to get ready for class, I can feel myself learning and becoming more confident in what I know.

4. I am thankful for my classmates. Never before have I met people who are more dedicated or goal driven. They are all so smart and caring and I know that one day we are all going to be kick-ass nurses.

5. I am thankful for my readers. My dear, dear readers. What would be blog be without you? It would still be a page on the Internet and I would probably still post to it but, essentially, I would be taking to myself (which I'm sure is the first sign of schizophrenia). So thank you, readers for keeping me sane. Thank you for the comments and the lurking. You guys rock.

6. I am thankful for my sister, who installed anti-malware software on my computer and successfully got rid of many, many nasty little bugs that were hiding in my computer. Love you, Cat!

7. I am thankful for knowledge and all that is including in that. Books and academic journals and art and biology. The world is just so amazing and there is so much to learn and discover. I want to know all of it.

8. I am thankful for my nursing professors. Yes, they were terrifying and one even managed to make me cry (but it wasn't really a big deal because, at that time, I was cry every few hours). But they were also supportive and ready to help whenever I needed it.

9. I am thankful for the human body. Ever since I finished my A&P courses in the spring, everything about it amazes me. It is a fascinating universe all on its own.

Photo Credits:
1. Family Portrait, 2. Depressant vs. Antidepressant?, 3. My little nurse, 4. Turn of the Century Nursing School Anatomy Class Photograph, 5. Mindless Internet, 6. sisters, 7. Seek Knowledge, 8. Snape, 9. "W. & A. K. Johnston's Charts of Anatomy and Physiology," By Dr. Wm. Turner, Professor of Anatomy, University of Edinburgh

1 comment:

Catherine Click said...

You have no idea how much I truly LOVE being a nerd. Computer nerd that is. I am spending part of today installing Windows 7 on my laptop. I'm hoping it all goes well, I have read a lot of things on the internet that lead me to believe it won't. LOL

<3 Ya!!