Stolen from the amazing Love Letter To The Universe
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
- Take a summer class
- Drink alcohol in New Orleans
- Dance in a lesbian bar at midnight in Florida
- Gamble in a casino
- Win money while gambling in a casino
- See little old people naked [during hospital clinicals]
- Help wash a little old man [during hospital clinicals]
2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year? My 2009 resolutions were to pass my A&P2 class and to get into nursing school, both of which I did. I haven't thought much about my resolutions for 2010 but ya'll will be the first ones to know.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No but a good friend of mine is due in a few weeks.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes. :-(
5. What countries did you visit? I didn't travel outside of the states this year but I did visit the states of Confusion and Madness quite a few times.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Maybe a little bit more inner peace and tranquility, both with require either a refill of xanax or meditation.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? My mine doesn't really work that way but I'll never forget my vacation to Pensacola in May or when I received my acceptance letter to nursing school.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting over my fear of penises. I'm just kidding. I'm still afraid of them.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not so much failure, but I did deal with a bought of depression during October and November.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No major illness. Just your average colds throughout the year. Although, I do have a case of dance fever right now that I am having a hard time getting rid of.
11. What was the best thing someone bought you? Mommy Dearest gave me an Ipod Touch for my birthday. :-)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Quite a few people. We should totally throw a parade for them.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Glenn Beck
14. Where did most of your money go? Tuition and textbooks. I wish I could say something more fun like constructing an underground lair or glitter or something.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Honestly? Tim Burton's *Alice In Wonderland* coming out in May
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
[Try not to laugh too hard.]
- LoveGame by Lady GaGa
- Shot by The Gay Blades
- 1901 by Phoenix
- I've Got Your Number by Passion Pit
- In For The Kill by La Roux
- Thank You For Last Night by Amy Kuney
- Satellite by Anne Nalick
- 3 by Britney Spears
- Careless Whisper by Seether
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? A bit happier. Thanks for asking.
b) fatter or skinner? About the same
c) richer or poorer? About the same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Kinked-out, freaky sex. [I'm totally kidding...or am I?]
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Worry
20. How do you plan to spend Christmas? I spent Christmas with most of my family [missed you, Cat!] here at home. We made eggrolls. It was awesome.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? No. But I fell in lust at least twice a day.
22. How many one night stands? A lady doesn't tell. Okay. It was none.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
- Grey's Anatomy
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No. Quite the opposite actually. I like to think that I become kinder as I age.
25. What was the best book you read?
- Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
- White Oleander By Janet Fitch
- Blankets by Craig Thompson
- All 7 Harry Potter books
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Amy Kuney. I also rediscovered by love for Seether.
27. What did you want and get? Antidepressants
28. What did you want and not get? A pony.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? It wasn't from this year but I saw *Children of Men* and I loved it.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 21 and spent the day in New Orleans with family.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A bit more organization and time management.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Tired college student meets fairy princess meets Rainbow Brite.
33. What kept you sane? Medication and magic.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Blah.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? Prop 8. The world could use more love.
36. Who do you miss? Several people.
37. Who was the best new person you met? Oh, you can't ask me that! There are far too many to name. A few extra amazing classmates come to mind.
38. What was the best thing you ate? Mmmm. The little Chinese place around the corner is fabulous.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009? I am responsible for my own experience. If I want it to be positive, it will be. If I go into something with a shitty attitude, my experience will reflect that.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: I have a taste for talent wasted. Oh, waste it on me, waste it on me. [Appreciate Your Hands – Amy Kuney]