Friday, December 11, 2009

Opioids

I feel as if I owe you guys something. A good story or confession or just something to make up for the total lack of reading material on this site.
So here we go.

When you are in nursing school (or medical school or phlebotomy school or anything in health care), it is inevitable that someone comes to you from health advice. I honestly expected the "Can you look at this mole?" or "My stools are looking a bit green. What should I do?" The question I was asked caught me totally off guard.
A few weeks ago, after one of the most brutal exams of the semester, I was sitting down the hall from the lecture room (far enough away from the nursing crowd so that I wouldn't kill myself when they discuss questions from the exam). A guy that I have been in absolute lust (as opposed to love) with walks by and sees me reading (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, I believe it was).
He sits down to talk with me about his previous night in which he slept in a bed that was not his own and when a train went by at 4am, he jumped up and fell on the ground. Oh but don't worry about it because "We left the camera on so it's all on video tape." Lovely.
He then proceeds to say, "You're in nursing school, right? This girl I am seeing was in a car accident a few weeks ago and she is taking an opioid painkiller. I am deathly allergic to opiates, I mean I can't even have a poppy seed or anything. If I am eating her out, will I have an allergic reaction?"
Me: "Ummm"
Him: "Because that is my favorite thing to do."
Me: "Uhh"
Him: "Ever."
Me: "Well, if you did have an allergic reaction, at least you would die doing what you love."

My dear readers, you're welcome.
♥ Firefly ♥

2 comments:

Jordan said...

Well at least you know that if your lust for him ever blooms into something more than a faraway romance, you'll know you can expect a goodtime had by all. But no Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins in the morning for breakfast.

Firefly said...

I expect that is one of the many reasons why I am attracted to him. ;-)