Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Post In Which I Apologize for Being an Awful Blogger

You know what is interesting?

No. What's interesting, Firefly?

I thought that with school ending and me having endless hours to sit at home with family (not nearly as fun as it sounds), I would have so much more time to write and so much more material to write about. And, turns out, neither of those are true.
Unless you want to hear about the endless origami folding sessions resulting in enough paper cranes to [insert action that takes many, many paper cranes here], my recent love affair with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (yum), or my futile attempts to learn to knit; I am out of ideas.
Plus, I have become quite paranoid about the amount of personal things I post of the Internet. I mean, I recently Googled myself (Yes. I know, I'm a narcissist) and the results were a bit scary. My Myspace, Facebook, and several old blogs from my past showed up. Blogs if which any of my nursing professors found, they would most likely think twice before letting me take care of another human being.
So, three questions for ya'll [I totally just channeled Paula Dean]:
  • What has been going on in your life?
  • What do you write about in your blog when nothing is going on?
  • How much information about yourself do you actually post on the Internet, social networking sites and blogs included?

2 comments:

Mikhail said...

funny you say that as I myself have been in a blogging drought. usually when I haven't updated in a while, somehow some little thing that happened or I noticed will be enough to spark a nice lengthy post. as far as what I put on the internet, it's kind of a free for al, nothings really on there that you wouldn't learn about me if you chat with me often enough.

Jordan said...

What has been going on in my life? Honestly, not a whole lot. I'm am about to return to school in January after a three year self induced hiatus to continue my journalism degree. What do I write about in my blog when nothing is going on? You've been to my blog,I hardly ever write. For the most part when I write something it's because it's a story I've been getting a lot of mileage out of in real life. I like to pretend that my everyday interactions are like stand up comedy. And if my bits go successfully, then I put them on my blog. I used to write alot of things that were introspective, and personal but I kind of stopped that mostly because I don't have as many feelings as I used to. Yes, I am now dead inside. And as far as personal information goes, I pretty much put it all out there. Facebook/Myspace/Blogger. But thankfully when I google myself for the most part all I can find are a bunch of articles of this highschool football player in Wiscossin with the same name as mine. But if anyone could find my old blogs, I'd be mortified.