Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hi, My name is Firefly

Hi, my name is: Firefly

Never in my life have I been: skydiving, snowboarding, or seduced by a man who speaks a different language while in a foreign country (preferably Italy but I have a thing for Finnish accents too). I know, my life is empty.

The one person people who can drive me nuts is are: two of my brothers. Don't get me wrong, I love them to death but I get tired of taking the role of the "responsible" sister.

High school: was an awful time. Honestly, the only positive thing I can say about it is that it is in the past and I never have to go through it again.

When I’m nervous: the butterflies in my stomach grow 10x their normal size and start running relay races.

The last song I listened to was: Circles by mcArtney. Click here for his Myspace.

If I were to get married right now my best man/maid of honor: my sister. :-) But I think I would have to find a man first that I actually want to marry before I start thinking about maids of honor or flower arraignments.

My hair is: wavy, dark honey blond and usually pulled back.

When I was 5: I wore dresses all the time and never colored outside of the lines. EVER.

Last Christmas: was pretty good. Very low-key. We bucked tradition and made eggrolls.

I should be..: studying my pharmacology, ACE-inhibitors, beta blockers, and anticoagulants so that I don't fall behind on my studies. On the menu for tomorrow; antineoplastics (cancer drugs), baby!

When I look down I see: that I need to work out more often but it would just be so much easier to find a guy who loves my love handles. ;-)

The happiest recent event was: finding out that I will be leaving for Florida on Tuesday. A little relaxation and sun is just what the doctor ordered.

If I were a character on ‘Friends’ I’d be: honestly, I never watched Friends. Awful, I know.

By this time next year: I will be getting ready to graduate and studying like a mad woman for the NCLEX-RN.

My current gripe is: that there isn't enough hours in the day and that I slept on the arm wrong last night so my shoulder hurts.

I have a hard time understanding: who the fuck Justin Beiber is and why he is famous. Oh and why the Beatles are not available on iTunes. That sucks. Because I really don't want to have to pay $200 for the complete box set.

There’s this girl I know that: applied to nursing school on a bet and now is almost half way through the program and has no idea how she got there....oh, wait.

I like you when: you call out of the blue because you heard a song that reminded you of me (please , not Buck Cherry's *Crazy Bitch*) and it made you want to hear the sound of my voice.

If I won an award, the first person I would tell would be: Mother Dearest.
Take my advice: Make sure to take your vitamins, eat your spinach, and always bring a sweater.

The thing I want to buy: a big thermos so that I can carry my tea with me in the mornings.

If you visited the place I was born: You either took a wrong turn or are crazy because no one in their right mind comes to this town on purpose.

If you spent the night at my house: We would watch movies obscure vampire movies (Dracula 2000, anyone?), make the best brownies you have ever had, and talk about how our chosen fields are a waste of talent and potential.

I’d stop my wedding if: wtf is up the all the wedding questions? That isn't all we girls think about, you know.

The world could do without: religion. There, I said it.

I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: That sounds truly horrible. No thank you.

Most recent thing I’ve bought myself: A fabulous new facial moisturizer and a box of assorted teas. And some music on iTunes.

Most recent thing someone else bought me: A classmate brought me the most delicious blueberry muffin on Thursday morning.

My middle name is: Danger.

In the morning I: am usually up with the birds. My favorite time of the whole day is right before the sun comes up. It is still chilly from the night before and the world is just starting to wake up.

The animals I would like to see flying besides birds are: Turtles. That would be awesome.

Once, at a bar: when *Bad Romance* by Lady Gaga started playing, I yelled very loudly, "I love whore music!" and sang and danced the whole song.

Last night I was: Studying cancer in my textbook and watching Private Practice on Hulu.

There’s this guy I know who: loves me unconditionally. I just haven't met him yet.

If I was an animal I’d be: hummingbird. Or a chameleon. A Karma Chameleon. (you are totally welcome for the random Boy George reference.)

A better name for me would be: Abigail or Amelia. I love old fashion names.

Tomorrow I am: putting the textbooks away and going to the zoo with a girlfriend from school. We are going to see the otters and trash talk our professors. It should be very good therapy.

Tonight I am: going to have sweet dreams about pharmacology.

My birthday is: in May. :-)

This post was inspired by the fabulous Kim @ Mermaid in a Manhole.

2 comments:

Mikhail said...

I highly recommend snowboarding, I took a class this semester and it's so much once you get the hang of it. also otters at the zoo are awesome

Justin Farrell said...

I've been sky diving, snowboarding, and seduced by a woman in Germany, and I can say that they were all fun, but they are also short lived. You can't go sky diving and snow boarding all the time and being seduced was cool but nothing more than a story to tell my friends.