Sunday, May 02, 2010

Giving Them Something To Talk About

  • I have Train's "Hey, Soul Sister" stuck in my head. It was okay at first but now I want to take a drill to my temple.
  • I hate myself for admitting this but I love crappy poppy dance music. Yes. I know, I am a complete sheep and I love whatever corporate America tells me to. But Kesha's "song" *Blah, Blah, Blah* might be the funniest/most tragic/best dance song since Bad Romance by Lady Gaga. My favorite lyrics: "Boy come on now, Get my rocks off. Come put a little love in my glove box, Wanna dance with no pants on, Meet me in the back with the jack and the jukebox." How could you not consider that 21st century poetry?
  • The med-surg rotation on oncology officially ended last week. For the first time to almost two months, I feel as if I can breathe. It is an odd sensation. Like when you are underwater for too long and you start to panic. The moment you break the surface and get the first bit of oxygen in your lungs, and everything seems okay again. That is what this feels like. It worries me though, and makes me wonder if I am strong enough to be a nurse. If I can physically and emotional meet the demands of my chosen profession.
  • My group and I have a make-up clinical this week for mental health because the instructor had H1N1 earlier in the semester. Instead of forcing us to wear those god-awful scrubs and fake interest in a 13 year old's "depression" (Kid, your parents are right. Stop smoking pot and study more often.), we get to go to her horse ranch and do equestrian therapy. I have no idea what that is but from what she says, horses are magic or some shit like that. They have auras of love and beauty, and if you brush them, they cure your colds. As long as I don't have to spend an afternoon on a psych unit, I am game.
  • Things are getting very, very interesting in the love department. Nothing serious. Just interesting. ;-)

No comments: