Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer 2010 Playlist

I know. I know. It is a really weird combination of country and pop. Old and new.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Kid Rock - All Summer Long [This is a classic and will probably be on every one of my summer playlists for the rest of my life. At least, until I get sick of it.]

Zac Brown Band - Toes [Tropically vacation music. Love it.]

Lady GaGa - Alejandro [Simply because she is Gaga and I love her.]

Joe Nichola - Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off [Do I really have to explain this pick? Margaritas, baby.]

Katy Perry - California Gurls [It's the song of the summer. Only slightly less mind-numbing than "Imma Be" by Black Eyed Peas.]

Kenny Chesney - Summertime [Another summer classic.]

3OH!3 Feat. Katy Perry - Starstrukk [Have I mentioned how much I love poppy dance music? That should be obvious by now. As much as I like to hate on 3Oh!3, ("Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips"? Fuck you.) this song totally delivers.]

Brad Paisley - Water [It's not really summer without a little fun in the water, is it?]

Jimmy Buffett - Beach House on the Moon [Reminds me of a when I was a young teenager and my parents would take us out to their camp on the Atchafalaya River. There were many nights that the only sounds you would hear on the river, besides the occasional growl of an alligator, would be Jimmy Buffet and Santana being blasted from the sound system.]

Lady Antebellum - Lookin' for a Good Time [A great song to play pool to.]

Tenacious D - Tribute [I have always loved this song and just found it on my ipod again.]

Theory of a Dead Man - Bad Girlfriend [Another great song to play pool to.]

Rocky Horror Picture Show - Sweet Transvestite [Ha. This really isn't my story to tell as to why this song reminds me of summer. He would never forgive me if I told. Let's just say it involves a night in New Orleans last summer and a few too many Hurricanes.]

30 Seconds to Mars - Bad Romance cover [I love this song all year long. If I could, I would make babies with this song just so this song is forced to see me all the time.]

Reba McEntire - Consider Me Gone [Simply because I love the line "If you don't get drunk on my kiss".]

1 comment:

RahX said...

Love cali gurls. Good senseless mindless song. Plus, she's hot.