Sunday, September 12, 2010

First 2 Exams

hello my beautiful, sexy, amazing blog-stalkers
my deepest apologies for leaving you all without a proper update for the last week or so.
Life has been hectic, to put it very mildly.


I had my first 2 exam this past week. One in Med-Surg 2 and one in OB-Peds. The Med-Surg exam didn't go so well. I walked into it knowing my shit and I walked out of it thinking that I at least made a B. When we did the test review, I realized how wrong I was. I bombed it. Like, really bombed it.
73% on a test that a 77% is the lowest passing grade.
Shit.

I wouldn't be so upset about it if I had thought that I didn't know the material or if I hadn't studied enough. I studied my ass off this this crap. So, needless to say, I was highly discouraged.

My only saving graces are that the grade isn't so low that I cannot bring it back up to passing and that now I know how the professor (who will be known from here on out as Prof. Drill Sergent) structures her exams. I'll be ready for her next time.

The day after that epic failure, we had the first OB-Peds exam. Because I was just so drained from the mental defeat the day before, I really didn't even study for it. Honestly. I reviewed the material a little before class (in between crying in my car and telling a few of my study buddies "Fuck nursing school. I am just going to move to New Orleans and become a dominatrix").
Motherfucking 82%.
That is a C+. On a test I didn't even study for.
What kind of crap is that?

No comments: