Monday, December 20, 2010

Goodbye, BlueGirl. :-(

My dog, Blue, died last night.
She was more than a just a pet, she was a member of my family.
My dad found her 11 years ago while out visiting friends at their camp on the Atchafalaya river. She jumped up into his truck bed and refused to get out...so he brought her home. We don't even know how old she really was.
She hated cats. And most people [we always joked about she was too mean to ever die and she would probably outlive us all]. But she was super protective of anyone she loved.
She also really like green beans. And spaghetti noodles (but not tomato sauce).
Damn. I am going to miss her.
I think what hurts the most about her passing is that she was truely my dad's dog. And now it feels like not only have I lost another member of my family, I lost a connection to my father.

She had been sick for a while. She had trouble moving and seeing. Everyone thought she was going deaf (although, I am pretty sure it was just selective hearing).
And even though I know she isn't in pain anymore, that doesn't make it hurt any less to loss her. [Fuck. Did I mention that I really don't like the holidays?]

3 comments:

rnraquel said...

I am so sorry. Losing your dog sucks, no matter how old they are.

ChloƩ. said...

This got me all choked up. I hope you're okay :( She is beautiful, LOVE the picture.

nikkebirde said...

:-( I got all choked up reading this. My dog (she was 20) died last year two days before Christmas and then one of our other dogs died in October so I completely feel your pain. It's amazing how much they truly touch our lives and how much love they have.