Tuesday, January 11, 2011

*all smiles*

Maybe it is the antidepressants talking but I have been in a very upbeat mood lately.

You know you are feeling super positive about life when you sign into Blogger, realized you lost a follower, and your first thought is, "Oh, someone deactivated their account." ;)

Funny story from the other day.
My younger brother got home from work and I greeted him at the door with a smile and a hug. He looked me in the eyes and said, "Are you on drugs?"
I was a little shocked and I said, "No. Of course not."
"Oh...well are you drunk?"
"Lee, no. Why would you ask that?"
"Because you are way too happy for a sober person. Seriously. Tone that shit down. It is making the rest of us look bad."

xoxox
Estelle

Also, school starts in a week. *squeal* :-D

4 comments:

NP Odyssey said...

School in a week, so now about 120+ days until you are finished?
It will fly by fast, then the NCLEX.

If you need any advice after graduating let me know. I graduated seven years ago with an ADN, did travel nursing for three years and started an ADN to MSN pathway program in 2009.

Got some good advice along the way, and the rest from the school of hard knocks.

If you get a little experience I recommend travel nursing, I still have a friend I met in Orlando who lives in your area of the country, Gonzales, LA. She was just out here on a short travel assignment.

Have fun in school

Estelle Darling said...

122 days to be exact. ;)

Thanks for the support, NP. I am am still deciding between staying here in south Louisiana or going to Texas to living with my sister. Looking into BSN programs both here and there.

I would *love* to do travel nursing after I get my feet wet. Might as well while I am still young and carefree. :-)

Cartoon Characters said...

travel nursing can either be fun or horrific. :)
If someone tells you it's great, make sure that you get all the particulars of the company they went with and everything to ask and do and also research the place u are going to.....in other words...pick NP's brain.
I had a couple of crappy assignments (blogged about one) but then did some agency nursing that was super.....

Zazzy Episodes said...

I'm happy that you're happy! Keep up the positive outlook, it will take you many wonderful places!