Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 2 - Ten Years From Now...

Day 2 – Where would you like to be 10 years from now.

Ideally, married to a rich European man, touring the south pacific in our yacht with a martini in my hand. Okay. Not really because, to be perfectly honest, that sounds boring.

Ten years from now, I will be 32.
My first thought is “Holy goodness. That is….actually still really young.” I know if sounds crazy but I have always considered myself much older than my actual age. Coupled with the fact that the majority of my friends are in their late 20s and 30s anyways and I have been told from the age of 13 that I have “an old soul,” age isn’t a huge issue for me. I have always thought that when the time comes for me to grow “old,” I shall do so gracefully and without complaint for I have always thought of age and wisdom as going hand in hand.

I really don’t know where I will be as far as relationships go. I’m not 100% sold on the idea of marriage or children but that could be because I haven’t met the right person yet. Maybe when that happens, I will be more open to the idea. Ha. I have actually relaxed a little about it because if you had asked me a year ago if I ever wanted kids, you would have gotten a very quick and sharp “Hell no.” But if I ever do have children, I only want 1 or 2 [3 at the absolute most…mostly because childbirth looks freaking scary].

As for my career, I would like to have my BSN by then, and be on my way to a Master’s degree in Nursing [Nurse practitioner or CRNA….decisions, decisions]. For my specialty, I am shooting for OR circulating nurse, L&D, or oncology. I have never cared for med-surg and I really am hoping not to have to go into it upon graduation [despite the fact that everyone says you should do two years in med-surg before going into a specialty].

As much as I love my town, I don’t want to live here my whole life. I would love, love, love a condo in New Orleans [in the residential area of the French Quarter]. But I also want to own a house out in the country so that I can have a garden and fruit trees.
Hmmm. We’ll see. :)

3 comments:

Cartoon Characters said...

Hmm. I would never guess you to be 22 judging from the way you write. You ARE an old soul! :)
I wish I was an old soul when I was your age....it really is a bonus.
Good luck and hopefully, if u keep this blog for 10 years...we will find out!

Zazzy Episodes said...

I agree with CC, your writing is phenomenal and you sound full of wisdom at such a young age.
I hope you do keep this blog up and I hope you can be cursing the south pacific even if it’s just once in awhile right?

FLIPFLOP GUY said...

people call me an old soul. as you grow older you evolve. your constantly evolving. i'm older mid 30s and would say that you think about things different with every decade. don't put to much pressure on yourself cause there are some things you control and some things you don't. however your life has a way of making its path however many times the paths changes. so roll with it and enjoy it. don't let people pressure you into things like having children and the picket fence. you many find this makes you happy or you may find you want a different path. so choose the path that feels right and makes you happy.

relationships can be hard but no matter if you hurt sometimes you find with time there was a reason it didn't work and it was for the best.

this sparks an idea for me to post some new thoughts.

stay cool, ultracool flipflop guy