I am a simple chick, my loves. It really doesn't take much to make me happy. For example, here are a few things that have me just over the moon right now.
- Discovering a new song that I just love. Right now, I am grooving to "Fast Cars and Freedom" by Rascal Flatts and "The Best I've Ever Had" by Gary Allen. What can I say? I am in a bit of a country mood right now.
- The way the earth smells when it starts to rain [which I actually learned the other day is called *petrichor*.]
- Finally starting to understand 12-lead EKGs. Thank you online nursing journals.
- Mini Churros from Jack in the Box. [OMG....yum] They are like fried pieces of heaven filled with cinnamon sugar and miracles.
- Text messages with all the words spelled right and correct grammar.
- Hearing someone say, "I was just thinking about you."
- New school supplies
- Toe socks on a cold day. Like gloves for your feet. :-)
- Seeing some one's eyes light up when I walk into the room.
- Being home alone, playing music super loud, and singing along.
- The Allstate Mayhem commercials with Dean Winters.
- Sitting with someone in silence and having it not be awkward at all.
- Candid photos of me where in I don't look like total hell.
- Butterfly kisses.
- Catching up with an old friend. I recently reconnected with a guy I have known for a few years but had fallen out of touch with when I started nursing school. We talked and laughed and it would have felt like no time had gone by at all if it wasn't for how much we both had changed. He is now engaged and has a baby on the way. And he told me that I seemed a completely different person from who I was a year and a half ago. I asked him what he meant. He said, "You look happy. You look at peace. Your smile seems more genuine...like you aren't doing it just to hide how much pain you are in. I can tell it's real now." ♥
But you know what make me super-duper, extra, amazingly happy; my dearest readers? Overhearing someone say something sweet about me.
And some of my fellow nursing students have been just so sweet to mention this blog and, more specifically, my series "Estelle's Guide to Nursing School." Ya'll are just too awesome. :-)
Kendra at Adventures in Nursing School
Zazzy Episodes at Frazzled_RazzleRN
It's Just Me :) at Who's Life Is This Anyways?