Monday, January 10, 2011

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens

*And these are a few of my favorite things!!!!* [Okay, imagine me singing this...with the ever so slightest of southern belle accents.]

I am a simple chick, my loves. It really doesn't take much to make me happy. For example, here are a few things that have me just over the moon right now.
  • Discovering a new song that I just love. Right now, I am grooving to "Fast Cars and Freedom" by Rascal Flatts and "The Best I've Ever Had" by Gary Allen. What can I say? I am in a bit of a country mood right now.
  • The way the earth smells when it starts to rain [which I actually learned the other day is called *petrichor*.]
  • Finally starting to understand 12-lead EKGs. Thank you online nursing journals.
  • Mini Churros from Jack in the Box. [OMG....yum] They are like fried pieces of heaven filled with cinnamon sugar and miracles.
  • Text messages with all the words spelled right and correct grammar.
  • Hearing someone say, "I was just thinking about you."
  • New school supplies
  • Toe socks on a cold day. Like gloves for your feet. :-)
  • Seeing some one's eyes light up when I walk into the room.
  • Being home alone, playing music super loud, and singing along.
  • The Allstate Mayhem commercials with Dean Winters.
  • Sitting with someone in silence and having it not be awkward at all.
  • Candid photos of me where in I don't look like total hell.
  • Butterfly kisses.
  • Catching up with an old friend. I recently reconnected with a guy I have known for a few years but had fallen out of touch with when I started nursing school. We talked and laughed and it would have felt like no time had gone by at all if it wasn't for how much we both had changed. He is now engaged and has a baby on the way. And he told me that I seemed a completely different person from who I was a year and a half ago. I asked him what he meant. He said, "You look happy. You look at peace. Your smile seems more genuine...like you aren't doing it just to hide how much pain you are in. I can tell it's real now." ♥

But you know what make me super-duper, extra, amazingly happy; my dearest readers? Overhearing someone say something sweet about me.

And some of my fellow nursing students have been just so sweet to mention this blog and, more specifically, my series "Estelle's Guide to Nursing School." Ya'll are just too awesome. :-)
Callie Ann
Kendra at Adventures in Nursing School
Zazzy Episodes at Frazzled_RazzleRN
It's Just Me :) at Who's Life Is This Anyways?

[Also, did one of you guys post a link to this blog on Facebook? I am curious because I have had a few hits from there and haven't been able to back trace them. I am just dying to know what other people think of it. :)]

8 comments:

runningleap said...

I posted the link to FB> I wanted to share it with some nursing school new admissions I knew. It's a great series- especially for those new students who are anxious to learn more about how to tackle the challenge. :)

Estelle Darling said...

Thanks, sweetie. I am so glad that ya'll are finding it so helpful.
:-)

CaLLie.ANN said...

I sent it in an E-mail to some of my classmates. They LOOOVED it.

Zazzy Episodes said...

Thanks for the love Estelle, you are da bomb!
I'm super selfish with your blog, I have my "co-student Rory" that I don't want to share your guides with, because I need all the leverage I can get.

I start classes in 13 days and I have to cut out some time to reread your guides to make sure I'm super ready. Thanks again.

rnraquel said...

I love your blog. We have some of the same favorite things! I saw Gary Allen open up for Rascal Flatts in Charlotte, NC once. Best concert ever!!
Ever since I moved to Florida I have been having Jack in the Box withdrawl :(
If you understand 12 lead EKGs now you are way ahead of the game. Good job!
Glad things are going well for you!

It's just me :) said...

OMG! That rain smell is my FAV too!!! (Really? petrichor? - I think I will stick with "rain smell" My hubby already thinks I'm crazy when I walk outside and say "Mmmmmm....smells like rain" Imagine if I said 'Mmmmmmm smells like petrichor" instead.

Jessica said...

Mayhem= love
The smelly smell of rain= love
Text messages with proper punctuation, spelling and grammar= mega love!!

I can't stand communication via text with my teen stepdaughters. "idk, hbu? lol! omg, hella!" My response? "STFU"

Kendra said...

I haven't yet, but will be sharing a few select tips with my fellow students from your guides to nursing school. But just a few...because I also need to keep a step or two ahead of everyone else ;-)