Saturday, February 05, 2011

Day 4 - Religion

So, remind me again why I agreed to this challenge again? Because these next two topics I really don't care for.
Okay. Here goes.
Day 4: Your Views On Religion

To put it short and sweet, I am a recovering pastor's kid. To be more specific, a former marine/Southern Baptist pastor's kid. [Yeah. I know. As my classmate and clinical buddy Matt says, "Wow. That explains A LOT."]
Don't worry about me though. I am mostly cured. Mostly.
I believe in fate. In guardian angels and that there may be a higher power governing most of what is going on in my life and the world around me. There have been too many coincidences for me to believe that it is all random and by chance. The people I have met and the experiences that have made me the person I am today didn't *just happen*. I like to think that there is something more out there than just a series of unfortunate events.

But I don't think I need rules engraved on a stone tablet to tell me how to lead my life and to be a good person. And while I don't mind discussing what I believe with other people, I refuse to get into a religious debate with you about who's beliefs are more superiors [here's a clue: no one's].

*It's just Me* included a lovely little quote on the topic that think fits the subject rather well:

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh dear! I LOVE that image. I am constantly fighting off religion at work from one specific girl and it's making for a hostile workplace. Yeck.
I think it's awesome you are doing the 30 blog challenge. I think I posted about one a long time ago and then didn't commit.