Tuesday, March 22, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow?

There are quite a few aspect of my life I have neglected while I have been in nursing school.

My family...I haven't seen my sister in what feels like forever because I just don't have the time (or money...damn you, tuition bill!!!) to travel. And it feels like every semester break I am having to get to know Lee, Brit, and Mother Dearest all over again despite living under the same roof as them.

My health...Aside from the obvious alcohol dependency and caffeine abuse that my body has grown accustom to over the past two years, my diet kind of sucks too. I either don't eat or I survive on junk food (although, I have gotten better about this in the past few months). My weight has also fluctuated dramatically. My first semester, I gained but over the past year I have lost almost 30lbs.

My personal relationships...Romantic and otherwise. Not going to touch this subject though because we all know where it would end up (with me in a sobbing heap, clutching a glass of wine and a pint of Ben & Jerry's Phish Food).

My hobbies...I used to love to read for pleasure and fold origami and cook and all this other stuff that I seem to never do anymore because I am so freaking busy studying all the time and complaining about studying all the time.

But you know what I really, really, really miss? Especially when the weather is as beautiful as it has been here the past few weeks in south Louisiana?

My garden.
[sigh]
Just a little while longer, my sweet roses and passion flowers vines. We'll be together again soon.
Yours always and forever
♥Estelle ♥

1 comment:

Zazzy Episodes said...

Those are beautiful; I especially love the Morning Glory's.
Just relax and continue to keep in mind this is near the end and you can have some of your old life back, but I'm right there with you morning the loss of what once was.