So, here I am on a Monday morning, coffee in hand, trying to catch up on my RSS feed [which is a freaking task in and of itself] when I came across a blog entry one of my favorite nymphos, Filterless B, posted about a week and a half ago.
She decided that my little ol' blog Word Lust and I was worthy of a blogger award. :-) I am shocked and a little surprised but also crazy excited that someone likes what I write so much.
Seriously, chick, you totally just made my day.
But of course, there are a few requirements of me before I can accept the award. I have to tell 7 random facts about myself and then pass this along to 1o other bloggers. [okay okay. So originally it was 7 other bloggers but there is no way I could do that! It was kind of painful to stop myself at just 10.]
My 7 facts: 1. I was almost halfway through the nursing program before I realized that nursing was in fact what I really wanted to do with my life. Before that, I just thought of it as something I could do for a living until I figured out what I really passionate about.
2. The thing I have missed the most since I have been in nursing school has been reading for pleasure.
3. I have dyslexia. It usually doesn't effect me that much but when I am nervous, words and especially numbers will look backwards to me. For example, at clinicals this past week while looking at one of the monitors, I had some trouble differentiating the acronyms PVC (premature ventricular contractions) and CVP (central venous pressure).
4. It makes me super happy that someone finally decided to come out with a *Words with Friends* app for the Android. Let's play a game. :) User name: EstelleDarling
5. This morning, I woke up at 0530. Not because i have anything planned for today other than studying and filling out job applications (!!!) but because my dog stared me awake. He stared at me until I woke up. :-/
6. Even though I find silence peaceful, music is always playing in my bedroom. Unless I am in the mood for something specific, I have an "everyday" place list that is on constant repeat...consisting of a lot of Amy Kuney, Amy Winehouse, Anne Nalick, and Sara Bareilles. You know...girly chick music.
7. I really didn't think it would happen...but I might be seriously falling for someone new. The most shocking part about this? It's a guy. I know, right? Men with their lying penises of death filled with sperm and....lies. But there is something about this man....I can't quite explain it other than to say I get butterflies whenever I think about him. :-) He's pretty awesome.
And these are some of the bloggers I think deserve this award (way more than me):
-Of course, my darling Filterless at Ignore Previous Cookie [but she already received it from another blogger so I am not counting her in my 10..haha] because she is amazing and doesn't hold ANYTHING back. I love that about her. :-) If ya'll are in the mood for some no-holds-barred, dirty sexy stories and some serious brutal, heart-felt [and very refreshing] honesty, check her out.
-NP Odyssey. If you spend some time reading NP's blog, you would know why I love it so much. He's just a cool guy. :)
-Tearing Down the Wall. Cute male CNA and future nursing student? Yes please. ;-) Good thing he's a thousand miles away or that celibacy vow might be a thing of the past. Haha.
- Scrubs and Crocs. I just adore Pollyanna. So much so that we are now friends on Facebook. She's just the bee's knees. :-)
- Postarita. With the exception of my sister, Jordan has been reading this blog since almost the beginning [like back when it was the blog that cannot be named]. He's hilarious and awesome and just so great. He had been gone from the blogosphere for a little while [for understandable reasons] but now that he is back, you should all go over to Postarita and subscribe and I promise you will all love him and his writing just as much as I do.
-NurseXY. Another fabulous male nurse. He's writing is beautiful and sincere. Check it out. You won't regret it.
-Frazzled Razzle RN. Frazzled is one of my nursing school darlings and she is just a complete doll. When I didn't post for a few weeks, she actually sent me an email asking if everything was okay. It was a simple gesture but really touching. Thank, love. xoxo
- CallieAnn. Callie Ann is such a sweetheart. Seriously. And I am borderline obsessed with her blog. Haha. I have gone through all the archives and when I see she has a new entry, I do a little happy dance in my chair. Plus, it helps that she is super cute. ;) [And if anyone was wondering were I got the inspiration for "Estelle's guide to nursing school", look no further...it was Callie].
- Whose life is this anyways? Another one of my nursing school darlings. I still grin like an idiot when I read this post from her. :-D She's great and I am excited to read more about her journey through nursing school.
- Just Add Kaleena. Cutest blog ever. :-)
- R(etired)N. All I can say about Cartoon Characters is that when I get my first nursing job, I pray that I have a preceptor like her. You can gather from her writing that she is an amazing nurse (retired or not) and that she has such a passion for it. And this post just made me fall in love with her.