Monday, March 21, 2011

My First Blogger Award

So, here I am on a Monday morning, coffee in hand, trying to catch up on my RSS feed [which is a freaking task in and of itself] when I came across a blog entry one of my favorite nymphos, Filterless B, posted about a week and a half ago.
She decided that my little ol' blog Word Lust and I was worthy of a blogger award. :-) I am shocked and a little surprised but also crazy excited that someone likes what I write so much.
Seriously, chick, you totally just made my day.


But of course, there are a few requirements of me before I can accept the award. I have to tell 7 random facts about myself and then pass this along to 1o other bloggers. [okay okay. So originally it was 7 other bloggers but there is no way I could do that! It was kind of painful to stop myself at just 10.]

My 7 facts: 1. I was almost halfway through the nursing program before I realized that nursing was in fact what I really wanted to do with my life. Before that, I just thought of it as something I could do for a living until I figured out what I really passionate about.
2. The thing I have missed the most since I have been in nursing school has been reading for pleasure.
3. I have dyslexia. It usually doesn't effect me that much but when I am nervous, words and especially numbers will look backwards to me. For example, at clinicals this past week while looking at one of the monitors, I had some trouble differentiating the acronyms PVC (premature ventricular contractions) and CVP (central venous pressure).
4. It makes me super happy that someone finally decided to come out with a *Words with Friends* app for the Android. Let's play a game. :) User name: EstelleDarling
5. This morning, I woke up at 0530. Not because i have anything planned for today other than studying and filling out job applications (!!!) but because my dog stared me awake. He stared at me until I woke up. :-/
6. Even though I find silence peaceful, music is always playing in my bedroom. Unless I am in the mood for something specific, I have an "everyday" place list that is on constant repeat...consisting of a lot of Amy Kuney, Amy Winehouse, Anne Nalick, and Sara Bareilles. You know...girly chick music.
7. I really didn't think it would happen...but I might be seriously falling for someone new. The most shocking part about this? It's a guy. I know, right? Men with their lying penises of death filled with sperm and....lies. But there is something about this man....I can't quite explain it other than to say I get butterflies whenever I think about him. :-) He's pretty awesome.

And these are some of the bloggers I think deserve this award (way more than me):

-Of course, my darling Filterless at Ignore Previous Cookie [but she already received it from another blogger so I am not counting her in my 10..haha] because she is amazing and doesn't hold ANYTHING back. I love that about her. :-) If ya'll are in the mood for some no-holds-barred, dirty sexy stories and some serious brutal, heart-felt [and very refreshing] honesty, check her out.

-NP Odyssey. If you spend some time reading NP's blog, you would know why I love it so much. He's just a cool guy. :)

-Tearing Down the Wall. Cute male CNA and future nursing student? Yes please. ;-) Good thing he's a thousand miles away or that celibacy vow might be a thing of the past. Haha.

- Scrubs and Crocs. I just adore Pollyanna. So much so that we are now friends on Facebook. She's just the bee's knees. :-)

- Postarita. With the exception of my sister, Jordan has been reading this blog since almost the beginning [like back when it was the blog that cannot be named]. He's hilarious and awesome and just so great. He had been gone from the blogosphere for a little while [for understandable reasons] but now that he is back, you should all go over to Postarita and subscribe and I promise you will all love him and his writing just as much as I do.

-NurseXY. Another fabulous male nurse. He's writing is beautiful and sincere. Check it out. You won't regret it.

-Frazzled Razzle RN. Frazzled is one of my nursing school darlings and she is just a complete doll. When I didn't post for a few weeks, she actually sent me an email asking if everything was okay. It was a simple gesture but really touching. Thank, love. xoxo

- CallieAnn. Callie Ann is such a sweetheart. Seriously. And I am borderline obsessed with her blog. Haha. I have gone through all the archives and when I see she has a new entry, I do a little happy dance in my chair. Plus, it helps that she is super cute. ;) [And if anyone was wondering were I got the inspiration for "Estelle's guide to nursing school", look no further...it was Callie].

- Whose life is this anyways? Another one of my nursing school darlings. I still grin like an idiot when I read this post from her. :-D She's great and I am excited to read more about her journey through nursing school.

- Just Add Kaleena. Cutest blog ever. :-)

- R(etired)N. All I can say about Cartoon Characters is that when I get my first nursing job, I pray that I have a preceptor like her. You can gather from her writing that she is an amazing nurse (retired or not) and that she has such a passion for it. And this post just made me fall in love with her.

xoxox,
Estelle

10 comments:

rnraquel said...

May it be the first of many! XOXO

NP Odyssey said...

A deserved award you are a good writer with a creative mind, and that English major probably helps.

#6 Is that really chick music? Great, now I'm going to have to watch what I play when friends are around.

#7 Sounds like a lucky guy to have an intelligent woman with a career thinking (lusting) after him.

Thanks for the mention and other blogs for me to check out.

Zazzy Episodes said...

Here I am, taking a moment for myself, from studying on spring break of all times, to find a beautiful compliment from you, my dear Estelle Darling!
I'm grinning from ear-to-ear; you just made my super oober boring day quite interesting and fun indeed.
Thank you for giving me a shout out and I wouldn't think blogging the same without your amazingly entertaining blog and all of your "guides to nursing"! Keep up the great real life stories of nursing.

Filterless B-) said...

I'm so glad I made ur day and so flattered by ur words :-*

Jordan said...

What the what! That is so nice of you, I really appreciate it. I really have been reading this blog forever. Congratulations on your award, you are awesome and deserve everything that comes your way.

Cartoon Characters said...

How sweet! LOVE your blog! ;) It's so kind of you to say those words.

And - I hope you get a fabulous preceptor... I know u will be a wonderful nurse...:) since you sound like you are one heck of a student!

xo

CaLLie.ANN said...

Estelle,

You are incredible.
Thank you for the wonderful compliments and the credit you've given me to your survival kit.

I absolutely adore your blog. 100%. I read every single post, don't miss one.

Thank you for the award.
You're the best.

:)

Pollyanna said...

Awww, congrats! I adore you too! xoxo :)

nurse XY said...

Aww, you're too sweet, thank you!

Sineris said...

You're napping so I'll comment now to surprise you.

This guy, must be rather lucky. And thank you for blogging about my blog! ;-)