Sunday, April 03, 2011

Quickie - Daybeds and Colostomies

I am not sure how to start this post out. There is so much on my mind so forgive me [or not...I really don't care at this point] if it hops from on subject to the next without any rhyme or reason.

So, as I get closer and closer to graduation and the realization that soon, I will be a responsible adult (Hahahaha!!!), the reality that I will one day soon have my own place (ah, sweet solitude) is starting to become evident.

The one thing I want to make sure my home has [um...besides a pool table, stripper pole, and garden] is a library with a cute little day bed. If I am going to be spending my hours on the clock saving live and stomping out misery, I want to make sure my days off are all mine. ;)




Clinicals are going well. I started my first [four] IVs last week while I was doing a rotation in the ER (along with drawing blood for labs and doing 3 in&out catheters for sterile urine collection). I wrote a post about it but have yet to actually publish it. This past week in clinical, I was able to deal with a colostomy and a PEG tube. Gross, but glad I got the experience.


Lee broke up with Brit last week and she moved out. I hate it. :( Over the past few years while they had been dating and she was living here, she became like my little sister. I want them both to be happy but is it selfish to want them to be happy with each other?


It is time for me to start seriously studying for NCLEX. I mean, I have been doing some light reviewing but last week, I sat through my last Medical-Surgical nursing lecture. The ones for the rest of the semester will be on professional issues and nursing management. This is starting to get real.
O_o

7 comments:

Bella Jane said...

oooooh! I want a daybed/library just like the one in the first pciture. So pretty :)

Christine said...

I like the top picture the best. Very cool idea and I may steal it!

NP Odyssey said...

Are you going to try Kaplan or some other program for the NCLEX?

Estelle Darling said...

@NP - Probably Hurst. She has a huge following down here and all my program's alum swear by it.

NP Odyssey said...

That's good, I know when I did Kaplan I just wanted to pass it the first time.

Krista said...

Days off... that's cute ;-)

Zazzy Episodes said...

I love that first picture with the built-in bookshelf/daybed!!!

I'm soo excited for you Estelle dear, I know you'll do great out there in the big scary world of nursing and taking that big scary test called the NCLEX!