Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fuck.

So i was in the middle of redesigning this blog when the hard drive on my lap top decided it didnt love me anymore and failed.

The are five critical errors that my system manager thing failed to fix. And I have no idea what to do.

It says...
read time of hard drive clusters less than 500ms
30 percent of hhd space is unreadable
bad sectors on hard drive or damaged allocation table
boot sector of the hard drive is damaged
hard drive does not respond to system commands

The crazy thing is that I can still open and play music on iTunes but I dont have access to any of the music files.
I also tried to do a system recover or restore but I dont even have access to the accessories tab when i click on the start button so i couldnt click on restore and even if I did I don't think that would fix the problem because something is wrong with the hard drive.
so if any of my super smart readers out there have any idea what i am suppose to do about this...i would love your help. By the way...i have windows 7.

Take care, darlings.

4 comments:

Zazzy Episodes said...

What a beautiful layout!

Jonathan said...

It sounds like you have a corrupt file structure on your hard disk. First I would try to scan the disk for errors. To do this, press [Windows Key] + R, then type "cmd" and press Enter. This will open the command prompt. Type "CHKDSK C: /F /R" and press Enter. This will scan your C drive and attempt to fix any errors it finds. If this fails for some reason, you may need to format and reinstall Windows 7. If this fails, you likely have a bad hard drive that needs to be replaced. If you have any questions about what I suggested feel free to contact me! :P

Estelle Darling said...

Hey Jonathan. I appreciate the help. When I typed the command, it said "Access denied as you do not have suffucuent privileges. You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode."
I am on the administrator account. :-/

Jonathan said...

Try this... Click Start > Computer. Then Right Click on the C drive, then click Properties. Click the Tools tab, then under "Error-checking" click Check Now. Run the scan disk that way and see if it fixes anything. Even if that tool fixes your hard drive errors, I would still recommend reformatting your drive and doing a clean Windows install. (After you have backed up your music and documents of course) Let me know how this the scan works out for you though!