Thursday, May 19, 2011

New blog?

So I am thinking of creating a new blog.
I want to take my *Estelle's Guide to Nursing School* posts, "clean them up" a bit [aka remove all the naughty bits], and post them to a separate site designed specifically for nursing students.

Now before you say, "Oh wow. That is so sweet of you, Estelle," I am doing this for purely selfish reasons.

I didn't work while I was in nursing school [not exactly true...worked as a CNA in a nursing home for about two months but I don't include that because I left on bad terms]. So I don't have much on my resume in the way of healthcare experience and I need something to make me stand out from all the other nursing students. I think this might be a good idea.

What do ya'll think?

10 comments:

JustADreamAway said...

I think it's a fantastic idea! I really enjoy your pieces. They're insightful & entertaining! All the best! -Brittanie

GADAFINY said...

good idea

Student CNM said...

Yes, you should keep your guide, as some one who is just starting nursing school, I found your guide helpful because it is practical and pretty funny, I don't think you need to clean them up!

Estelle Darling said...

Oh, I never planned on deleting this from this site, CNM. I was just going to edit them a little so that if a HR or nurse manager check them out, they wouldn't find any 'objectionable' content...like talking about hooking up with a classmate...haha.

Zazzy Episodes said...

What an excellent idea Estelle, I would suggest you market your stuff and get paid big bucks at the same time. If other people can do it, so can you!

Pollyanna said...

I like it! And also... WHAAAAAAT? You worked as a CNA in a nursing home and I didn't know that?? I want to hear about it and what you thought of it! SPILL!

Estelle Darling said...

I'll have to do a post of you, Pollyana. ;)

Pollyanna said...

Um yeah, toute de suite! I cannot be the only nursing home obsessed freak (geriatrics fan) out here, right?

no_souvenirs said...

Fabulous idea!

Estelle Darling said...

Nah, PollyAnna. I LOVED my residents. It was my co-workers that I couldn't stand. Haha.