Friday, May 27, 2011

Passage

I never finished the book "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert.
I'm not sure why but I think I made it through Italy and most of the way through India...but I never quite got past Indonesia.
Well the other night, I was flipping through the pages and came upon this passage:

The context is that the writer is in Rome and suffering from a serious episode of Depression and Loneliness and she is having a conversation with herself. This is where she realizes she can be her own friend and that even though she isn't surrounded by the familiar or the comforting, she has herself.

I don't know where I am going with this blog entry. Maybe I am just jealous of her and the fact that she can love herself like that. Probably because most days, I am my own worst enemy.

2 comments:

NP Odyssey said...

A good reflection for the long weekend. Many times in life you only have yourself and that is the most important person to rely on.

rnraquel said...

It has taken me forever to even start to like myself. Some people I know have adored themselves from day 1.
Start out by learning to take good care of yourself. Try to nurture yourself at least a little bit every day. XOXO
RNRaquel