Let's review the past year or so, lovelies.
- I worked as a rehab nurse in a skilled nursing facility. Then wound care. Then unit manager/charge nurse. Then nursing supervisor. Then I quit after two years of blood, sweat, and tears. I walked away and I won't look back.
- I met the man of my dreams.
- I flew halfway across the country [multiple times] to be with him.
- I made plans. Big plans. Pack-up-and-leave-everything-I've-ever-know-just-to-be-with-him kinda plans.
- I got pregnant.
- I had a miscarriage.
- The man of my dreams and I broke up. It was...painful. It still is.
- I became a psych nurse working at the best hospital in Louisiana.
- I am slowly starting to love myself again. I thought that I was never worth love. From anyone else, let along myself. I felt terrible about myself, like I am so easy to leave. It is so easy for people [friends, lovers, family] to just walk out of my life. I am not going to fight someone if they want to leave.
I know this is a lot to absorb. And to be honest, I have a hard time believing that it has been 2 years since I have become an RN. So much has happened. So much about me and my life has changed.
Also, I can't wait to let you all know what it is like to be a psychiatric nurse. :)