1. Michael. This is an obvious choice. I mean, he basically saved my life and he doesn't even know it. In addition to being pretty much the kindest, smartest, strongest, most loving person I have ever met, he has made me believe that maybe I am worthy of being loved and cherished. I mean, if this man [this amazing man] can love me so deeply...maybe there is something special about me.
2. My family. This is an obvious choice. I'm not very close to them anymore because of some of the things that have happened this past year...but I will never not love them.
3. Michael's FurBabies. My
boyfriend fiance...has cats. Yes. Cats. I never cared for cats. I mean, they are kind of shifty and untrustworthy and I'm pretty sure if someone broke into our apartment, they'd show them where anything valuable is. I guess you could say I'm more of a dog person. But these furry little bastards have grown on me pretty quickly.
[Neither of them look particularly enthusiastic to be anywhere near me but I swear they do like me.]
4. Archery. Yeah. Before Brave and Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games, I had a bow in my hands. I freaking love it. There is something so satisfying about hearing that sound when the bow releases the arrow and it goes flying. Hitting the target is just bonus points. ;)
5. Trashy "new" country music. Go ahead. Judge me. I don't even care. I will dance to Luke Bryan and Josh Thompson all freaking day and I'll be happy about it.
6. Indian food. Y'all....y'all....Y'all just don't even understand. I could live on lamb or chicken curry and samosas for the rest of my life. Throw in a really good mango lassi and I am set.
7. My job. Yeah. I bitch about it. I get frustrated with the paperwork and charting and annual mandatory education and management and all the bullshit that goes along with being a nurse. But at the end of the day [or in the morning, since I work nightshift], I don't have the kind of job where I wonder if I will ever make a difference in someone's life. I do that every night.
8. Not being at my job. Don't get me wrong...I love it. But a girl needs her down time. Like this morning, I almost cried with joy when I saw the dayshift nurses dragging in with their coffees and insulated lunch bags filled with baby carrots at 7am. All I wanted was to go home, take a long hot shower with some pepperminty soap [Dr Bronners...get it] and make some tea. Which is what I am doing now.
9. Blogging. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've said it before. But i meant it. Blogging....writing...poetry. They are my release. I need this to get all the pent up emotions and my mental fuckery out of my head. I'm just so glad there are other poeple out there that want to be a part of this journey with me. ♥
Until next time, my loves.