Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Geaux Tigers

So anyone who knows me [which is actually none of you in real life...but regardless], you'd know I'm a huge SEC football fan...mainly my home team, LSU. 
So for our anniversary, M got us tickets to my very first football game. 
Yep. You read that right. 
I HAD NEVER BEEN TO A HOME GAME.
This travesty has been corrected. And I had a surprise waiting for me after the game. 

Our tickets. 

Pregame field access. M knows all the LSU football players and coaches so some of them came up to say hi before the game. 
I thought it was kind of strange that one of the coaches congratulated us and wished us good luck. I assumed it was because of our anniversary. I mean, we have managed to stick together through one of the most difficult years of my life. I'd congratulate us too. 

Game day grass.


Yours Truly at the goalpost.

Our view of the field. Snuggled together, it was the best seat in the house.
Y'all know I have an intense fear of crowds. The stadium holds over 100,000 people and it was a packed house. Michael told me afterwards that he was so proud of me for facing my fears and being able to go to the game with him. AND having a huge smile on my face during it.

After the half-time show, we went back to one of the stadium suite-type rooms and watched the rest of the game on the big screen TV. It was so strange feeling all the energy around us yet we were in our own little world.

And then this happened:



Darlings, I don't know what to say. I mean...literally...I'm still speechless. Even as I type, this ring keeps catching the light and sparkling as my fingers move across the keys and all I can think is "holy fuck...is this even real life right now?"
It isn't about a ring. It isn't about a party or a dress or some stupid pinterest-inspired DIY mason jar wedding bullshit.
This is about two people who want to spend the rest of their lives together.
If you had told me a year ago if this is where I'd be...working on a new hospital unit...living in my own little apartment with a man I love...ENGAGED...I would have thought you were insane and needed a psych eval.
So here we are.
I said yes, obviously.

And the Tigers? They won too. ;-)

PS: I'M OFFICIALLY OFF THE MARKET, Y'ALL

PSS: DAT ROCK THO

1 comment:

Elle said...

Congratulations! :) The ring is GORGEOUS!